Monday, December 27, 2010

Birth Day

December 20th was Landrie's Birth Day! I was induced, which was planned. We got to the hospital at 5:30 am, and got checked in. They got me settled in my room, drew blood, started my IV, and got me some ice chips. Randy got himself all propped up on the couch with the laptop and the Sons of Anarchy Season One Discs. So glad he had this to take up the time. Randy took notes, thank goodness, and here is the timeline.

5:30- Arrived at hospital
6:30- IV and started Pitocin
6:40- Dilated to 4 cm
7:30- Dr. Hurst broke water
8:50- Fluid Bolus
9:15- Epidural
10:45- Dilated to 8 cm
11:07- Dilated to 10 cm, "Ready to go".. call to Dr. Hurst.
11:23- Pushed 2 times, Landrie made her debut.
12:15- Nursed for the first time

As you can tell, it was speedy! We were all shocked by how quickly things moved. Luckily, I only had to experience about an hour and a half of hard contractions before my epidural. I knew not to get the IV pain meds, after last time, so I was much more alert and aware this time. I can honestly say it was easy breasy. I remember every amazing second, and couldn't feel anything. 

Mal, and of course Randy, were in the delivery room with me, and although I didn't really need much support or coaching since it went so fast... they were amazing! It was such an intimate and personal experience, and I'm so glad that it was! They put Landrie on my chest immediately after she was born to clean her, which they didn't do with sister. From what I could see through the tears, she took her first breath and pinked up right before my eyes. It was AMAZING! 

Landrie cried right away, and has been doing great ever since. Here are her stats: She weighed 6 lbs 7 oz and was 19 inches long. She has a head full of dark hair and the same dark red complexion that big sister had. She has been nursing fabulously since the first attempt, and hasn't looked back. This was a really difficult and stressful situation for me with sister, so I'm so relieved that it has been so easy. I'm also getting more used to the process, and even pumping. I was majorly intimidated by pumping last time, so I'm learning! Luckily my good friend Ashley is a pro, so she's been coaching me. I've texted her a million times to ask questions. Some silly I'm sure...

She is sleeping really well also. As all new babies do, she sleeps about 20 out of 24 hours of the day.. lucky girl! She'll nap all day and be awake for 30 minutes to an hour at a time.. about 3 times. She'll wake up to nurse about every 3 hours, sometimes 4 hours. I'll nurse her about 10 or 11 at night, then she'll usually wake up about 2:30 or 3:00 then at 6:30 then about 9:30 ish. I'll take that! The last few days, and today I can tell.. we both take a nap after lunch. 

Physically, I am doing really well. I didn't have to have an episiotomy this time, and only had 2 little stitches for 2 tiny tears. I never have been able to feel them at all. My only complaint has been a sore lower back, which I think it is from being so immobile for several days and being in that uncomfortable hospital bed. I slept in our bed the first night I was home, which I couldn't do for 3 weeks last time. I had a HORRIBLE recovery last time! I was so relieved that wasn't the case this time. I felt so great that I was getting antsy being cooped up. On Thursday I decided to go to WalMart to get some groceries and stuff. I got about halfway through the grocery isles and suddenly felt really bad. I grabbed a loaf of bread on my way out and came home. I spent the next 2 days napping and relaxing to recoup from over doing it! I was a little frustrated with myself, but I'm good now. I've had a lot of help from Daddy and my mom. Today is actually my first day alone, which is a little nerve wrecking, but so far so good. So far today I've eaten breakfast, and straightened up the house some. I contemplated keeping big sister home with us, but I chickened out. 

Aniston is doing really great with Landrie, and she just loves being a big sister. She is always willing to help, always wants to hold her, wants to change her diaper, and loves helping dress her. She will walk by her in her swing or bassinet and just smile, shrug her shoulders and wink. As to say, "I just love her so much!" 

Here are some pictures from the day...

Daddy and Me in front of the gorgeous Christmas tree inside the hospital.


Just Me...


The "Belly Shot" - 39 weeks


 Me and Big Sister


Our Family


Daddy and Aunt Mal


Me and Mal


Me and Mom


Me.. post Epidural.. you can tell!


Daddy with the laptop and watching movies


Five Minutes Old



I love this man!


Daddy and Ani admiring baby sister


Aunt Mal and Landrie


Me ordering lunch a little later while sister keeps an eye on Landrie and the nurses...


Landrie and Dr.Hurst


Landrie with her soon to be favorite person


Sissy checking out her hair..


So Sweet!


Nana admiring Landrie


Proud Daddy


After her bath and all dressed up!


Our Family


Since our Bun in the Oven is now here....this is the last post. From now on, everything will be posted on our family blog at http://theschmidtfamilystories.blogspot.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment