Thursday, May 6, 2010

First Post

Hello Everyone,

Welcome to our "Bun in the Oven" blog. We will post updates, pictures and fun stories about our new "little Schmidt".

Warning: Don't read if you don't want TMI... it's hard to talk about pregnancy and not mention boobs!

As of today, I'm about 7 weeks pregnant. I had my first appointment a few weeks ago, but he really couldn't tell me much. They marked my "due date" at about December 26th-January 6th. My next appointment is May 27th and he'll do a sonogram then. He'll be able to tell me my due date more specifically at that time. I'm excited about the timing, for lots of reasons. My mom's birthday is December 28th, and that would be so special for them to share it. Also, I'll be "big" during the cool weather. I'm not so excited about having a Christmas baby, only for the kids sake. And, winter babies are sick more with lung problems! All in all, We're SUPER excited, now that the shock has worn off!

For those of you that don't know, I had to be on fertility treatments to get pregnant with Aniston. We were told it wasn't possible to conceive without it. Well, apparently it is. I was on birth control, and took anitibiotics for my wisdom teeth surgery, and.. there you have it! Now, we have a bun in the oven!

Aniston is very excited about her baby brother and baby sister! She doesn't understand that there is (hopefully) just one baby! She has told me recently that her sister is Leeslee and her brother is Jim. She can't wait to share her room with the baby, and also wants to help daddy change the poopy diapers. She'll be SUCH a great big sister & I'm so excited to see her with the baby!

Everyone keeps asking me how I'm feeling, and the answer is.. PREGNANT! Every typical symptom you can name, I have it... I'm tired, nauseous, my boobs hurt, I'm cranky, and my nose is stuffy all the time. I'm also very bloated, and drinking lots of water to try to help this, and peeing constantly!

I've been a little worried about our living arrangements once the baby comes because we only have 2 bedrooms. We had  settled on the fact that we were going to be an only child family, so we weren't thinking of needing to increase our space. Now, since we were thrown this curveball.. we've been in panic mode. I've finally come to peace with the fact that  we'll be able to make do. People do it all the time, right? I have to be honest, that a lot of the reason I'm ok with them sharing a room is because I've found some really cute fabric combinations to have my grandmother make bedding for the kids, whether its a boy or girl. We'll make do!

God knows what he's doing, so I'm gonna let go and let him guide me!

Thanks for reading and stay tuned!

-B

No comments:

Post a Comment